MANUAL HANDLING TRAINING
Manual Handling, also known as manual tasks, is any activity requiring effort to lift, move, push, pull, carry, hold or restrain any object, including a person or animal.
Poor manual handling practice is one of the most common causes of injury in the workplace and the injuries can be disabling and costly.
Manual Handling course will teach you how to safely identify, plan and perform manual handling tasks to maintain an injury-free workplace.
Please note this introductory course covers generic manual handling principles. Most participants should undertake one of the following workplace-specific courses:
- Mining and/or construction industry workers should take Manual Handling for Mining and Construction online course.
- Retail and/or warehousing industry workers should take Manual Handling for Retail and Warehouse online course.
- Health care industry workers should take Manual Handling for Health Care Workers online course.
- Office environment workers should take Manual Handling and Ergonomics for the Office online course.
- Hospitality industry workers should take AVELING's Manual Handling for Hospitality Workers online course.
Anyone who may need to lift, move, push, pull, carry, hold or restrain objects in their workplace, home or vehicle.
Key benefits of Manual Handling course:
- Manual handling is a safety and leadership training provider who shows their commitment to a safer community by offering this course.
- Do it anytime
The training course is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- What is manual handling?
- The risks and consequences of manual handling
- Legal requirements and responsibilities
- Assessing manual handling tasks and managing risk
- Using mechanical aids
- Proper lifting technique
- Manual handling scenario